Pink Oyster mushroom Risotto
The name says it all, this risotto is creamy and packed with taste. It compliments seafood well as the Pink Oyster mushrooms in general is a perfect match for it. This recipe is easy to prepare and will definitely not let you down. It paired perfectly with seared salmon.
Risotto is one of my favourite dishes and something I was too hesitant to try for very long. I was pleasantly surprised that it is quite easy to prepare. My first risotto recipe was this Pink Oyster mushroom risotto, do try it.
PINK OYSTER MUSHROOM RISOTTO
1 cup Risotto rice
3 cups vegetable stock
Pink Oyster mushrooms (about two handfuls)
3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of olive oil
cream cheese – one lump
- heat your pot or skillet to medium
- add the butter and oil
- when melted, add the chopped onion and sauté for 3 min
- add the cup of risotto and stir for 2 min
- add the first cup of vegetable stock, stir until it has blended and liquid is absorbed
- now slowly add the rest of the stock, adding bits until all liquid has been absorbed
- you will have to taste the rice and see whether texture is to your liking, add extra water if needed
- add the mushrooms (you can either add them with the onions, I used dry ones so I added them with the liquids
- add a lump of cream cheese and mix through
That is it, very easy and it does not take too long, give yourself about 30min. Do use a good quality vegetable stock as this will add to the flavour of your risotto. I did not have to add any salt or pepper, you might have to depending on the stock – so taste before you serve!
I served this pink oyster risotto with seared salmon, I can imagine slithers of seared salmon inside this risotto will taste excellent as a dish on its own as well!