Creamy Blue Cheese with Mushroom, Chicken and Bacon Tagliatelle
My housemate used to make this recipe way back when we started to work right after university. It is one of my favourites. I find it extremely funny that she of all people make this recipe (and eats it) as she hates blue cheese!
It really is delicious with a great taste, best of all it is really easy. I made this recipe with chicken as well as bacon as I wanted extra meat, but I think my personal preference is making it with only bacon. So do take note of this when you read the recipe below. It was delicious with the chicken however, but the bacon alone adds to the smokiness if I may describe it like that.
Ingredients serves 4, 30min
– 250g bacon, sliced into cubes
– 2 chicken fillets cubed
– 1 large hand full of chopped mushrooms (I halved small button mushrooms)
– 1 blue cheese triangle
– 250ml fresh cream
– tagliatelle, enough for 4 people
– salt and pepper
1. Start to cook the tagliatelle by first boiling water and adding a dash of olive oil and salt. Once water is boiling add the pasta. Once it is cooked throw in a strainer and rinse with cold water.
2. Cook the chicken and bacon with butter. (I added a bit of chicken spice to the chicken). Add and sauté the mushrooms.
3. Add the blue cheese and let it melt.
4. Add the cream.
5. Add the cooked pasta and mix all through.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm. This dish truly is delicious and easy. I know white wine goes well with the chicken, but on a cold night even a red will pair wonderfully!